Open House 2012, 22 - 23 September
Shoreditch Electric Light Station opened 1896 and was the first to successfully generate electricity from the destruction of domestic waste. The site had lain semi-derelict for decades when, in the early 90s, a group of circus artists saw potential in its cavernous halls. Extensive restoration and reconstruction converted the building into what is now one of Europe’s leading circus training facilities.
We’re opening our doors as part of Open House 2012 - offering a chance to visit our spectacular building and hear the story of its transformation from Victorian electricity generating station to circus school.
Find out more about our building